Monday, May 9, 2011

the canal

When one of my dear friends from home, Elisabeth, came to visit in early April, it was warm enough to take a long walk on Indianapolis' canal. Be still my heart. I love the canal on warm days and cold days for that matter. There is something about being by bodies of water that is so refreshing. Activities included: swimming in the canal, boating in the canal, water skiing, kayaking, paddleboating, snorkeling, whale watching, deep sea fishing... okay thats not what we did (though the water on the canal was a reminder and tease of the aforementioned summer activities).

We actually just did some walking and talking and walking and talking. I considered roping Elisabeth into participating in one of my favorite past times: gawking at adorable dream homes. Gawking includes both admiring the outside and occasionally, if you were lucky a window would be open so you could snoop in the windows to see the architecture and decorating. And let me clarify - 'Snooping' not in a creepy way. More of in a flattering-I-love-your-house-so-much-I-want-any-peek-at-the-inside-I-can-see kinda way. I promise. If they didn't want to show off their home, there are things called curtains and blinds. right? Regardless, I could look at houses all day long and they def have some beautiful ones lining the canal.

So glad the weather is close to summer temperatures this week so my canal run and walks can become more frequent (and checkin out homes.) love love.



No comments:

Post a Comment