Wednesday, September 22, 2010

hello blog. I think we are going to become the best of friends.

This past year a fondness for the world of blogging started to grow within me. I would look through and frequent some blogs, but would never commit to following them, or dare I say, write my own.

But alas, my social media heart has been tendered.

Post Taylor life has proven to be quite interesting. I view this as a way to document all the ridiculous/exciting/draining/soul moving/teaching/joyous events, thoughts, rompings, and gallivantings that come along with the everyday.

I have found that life is more enjoyable when you take notice of the small details that make up your life. Receiving a postcard in the mail, noticing your favorite part of a walk, only having a debit card at a store that only accepts cash, watching the train you are suppose to catch fly by as you wait at the crossing, finding 5 dollars in your winter jacket from last year (okay... you get the point) - these are not huge happenings in life, not life changing by any means, but they are the thread that make up the intricate fabric of life.

The toppings that make up the icecream sunday of the everyday.


It is when you take note of these things that life becomes richer, fuller, more vibrant. I know this idea is not new or profound in any sense and I certainly do not claim as my own discovery, but it is something I have just been impacted by in recent months therefore I embrace it, hug it, awkwardly pat it on the back three times and say "i like you, details of life, i really like you."

Now, I can't neglect to mention the impact the beginning of Romans 8 also has had on my view of how we go through life specifically how we are even able to have life. Here is the section of verses 5-6 that I just lurrrvvvv:

"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but hose who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;"

The Spirit brings us life (and peace). A mind controlled by the Spirit IS life and peace. wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Sooooooooo, live a life controlled by the Spirit, take in the view, smell the roses, and make note of why we love life.

I would like to recognize the following for the inspiration to start this endeavor:
*Chicago
*TU web writing class
*MightyGirl
*Powdered donnettes
*the Metra West line
*Design*Sponge
*RockStar Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment