
...I have been busy as a beaver these past couple weeks. Hence the lack of blogging. And I normally do not like to acknowledge the skirting of my blog posts in a public forum but today, I do confess, I am in fact noting how I have neglected this little blog (among other areas of life) due to one of the grossest, most annoying words (that isn't really a real word) in the english language and annoying to me right now: busyness. I don't like making excuses and I especially don't like making the excuse of being "too busy." But that is the only word to describe what these past few weeks have held. lame.
"Busyness is a modern status symbol, the currency of social capital. We lament this situation and yet still brag about it—even while it overwhelms us. We try to battle back, but the crush of information and activity is always a step ahead of us. We resolve to change and improve, keep our schedules clearer and our free time freer. But we lose again and again." - Adam and Christine Jeske 10 Tips to Curing Busyness
yuck. gross. eewwww.
Busyness. so many times we turn it into something that leaves us tired, burnt out, sucked dry of joy and zeal towards life. This is oh-so-prevalent in our lives huh? I needed a refreshed attitude and came across this article from Relevant Magazine. It helped me put things in perspective and tangibly tackle the dilemma of busyness. It also referenced our Heavenly Father's view on busyness. It is in Him we find rest. It is in Him we find peace. So calm down, deep breath, and read these truths:
Psalm 127:1-2
Unless the LORD builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep.
Psalm 119:32
I will run in the path of your commands,
for you have set my heart free.
*picture linked to source.
No comments:
Post a Comment