Monday, February 21, 2011

me lovesss you Borders.





Shock, frustration, sadness, anger, with a dash of excitement (for cheap priced books). These all encompass the emotions that stirred within my heart at first recollection of learning the downtown-Indy Borders closing in two weeks.

I read the news of Borders declaration of bankruptcy and the closing 250 stores in the paper a couple weeks ago. I became nervous but thought this closing of Borders was in the far off future, now possessing the knowledge that one of my fave hangout spots downtown was in limbo, but not any grave danger. I then was driving around downtown Indy this weekend and kept driving past people carrying signs that read "Borders 20-40% off entire store" and "everything must go." Huh. So they are already starting to get rid of stock? That makes sense, but not panic inducing information. But what cemented my fear and panic was when I called to order a book and the sales person said the most terrible of all phrases "We can't order that because we will be closing in two weeks." Two weeks? Two weeks! Two freakin weeks. Bummer bums bumbly.

Whelp, it is infact official. I will miss you dear Indy Borders. Though we were not friends for long, you still will be forever remembered, cherished, and loved. And I need to stock up on some cool coffee table books ASAP.

images link to source. thanks to bookshelfporn.

No comments:

Post a Comment