Monday, December 13, 2010

Indiana Winter Wonderland? Maybe more akin to Siberia


A day trip to Indianapolis on Sunday left my parents and I driving in the worst snow storm ever. worst. snowstorm. ever. Going to school in Indiana, I came to appreciate the open fields and plains that made up the Hoosier state. The rolling snow covered fields are a beautiful snow globe-esque scene in the winters, making it quite the Christmas card backdrop. Indiana can really be a winter wonderland. But driving in this state during a major lake-effect snow storm, the winter wonderland thoughts are fleeting, non-existent, an antonym to what is actually going on.

Slippery, snow covered roads so you can't see the lines. Passing cars in ditches on the side of the rode. High speed winds blowing more snow across your windshield. The snow was terribly blinding. We crept along at 25 mph pretty much the length of Indiana on I-65. I half expected the Yettie, Abominable snowman, and Jack Frost to jump into the car to escape the bitter cold and blasting snow (kinda wish they had). Needless to say, after navigating through that weather, I feel I can drive through anything. Come to find out today that Northwestern Indiana declared a state of emergency for its roadways early Monday morning. hmmm. Now they tell us. Well, the Lord really had His hand of protection around us and kept us so safe through everything! The storm itself was a testament to His power and also His sovereignty to protect and keep watch over His children. ahhhhhhh yesssss. Thank you Lord for your power and protection!

photo from life.com

No comments:

Post a Comment