Monday, January 31, 2011

please deliver this to one: Mr. Winter Ice Storm. Thank you.

Dearest Indianapolis Winter Ice Storm,

Thank you for covering my car windshield with an entire sheet of ice in a matter of 10 minutes and making my windshield look cool, but alas, I am unable to do anything but stare at it in sheer fear of scrapping off all the windshield glass with it.

And I am not too fond of walking 5 blocks while you whip your ice at me and my exposed extremities (and just when I thought I was in the home stretch of the trek to the apartment, stepping in a very deep puddle was a good addition to the misery, dear Winter Snow Storm. for that you deserve some recognition). I think I have the beginning stages of frostbite...which I guess if it never turns into frostbite, then they are not, in fact, the beginning stages because there are no ending stages to counteract those said "beginning stages" hence there are no stages at all I would have gone through. Fine, my fingers were just numb and cold (I'm a lil dramatic sometimes).

Winter ice storm, though I completely blame you for the reason behind not meeting up with my small group at Grand Traverse Pie Company tonight -you know how I love pie, so forgiveness may come slowly- I am thankful to you for giving me an excuse/reminding me to make hot cocoa with milk. mmmMMm. For that I am grateful.

Safe travels Winter Ice Storm.
Reluctantly yours,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment