Monday, January 24, 2011

tomato soup and brothers are the best combination

I visited a friend in Fort Wayne (which is north of Indianapolis) this weekend and the interstate I travel on to get to and from Ft. Wayne takes me right past Taylor University where my younger brother and younger sister still go to school. As I was headed back home Sunday and approaching the exit for Taylor, I gave my brother a call to see if he would be up for an impromptu visit/lunch.

He was. We went to a local restaurant and cafe called Payne's and both ordered their famous grilled cheese and tomato soup. It was the best. I love my younger brother. And the fact that their grilled cheese and tomato soup was beyond description. I think it is so delicioius becasue they just stick the grilled cheese directly in the soup. I think that is key.

Impromptu visits are the best.



1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm to both impromptu visits and Payne's. wish i could've seen you too!

    ReplyDelete