Wednesday, November 17, 2010

breakfast treasure=found.

I love stumbling upon free things so its a good thing in the city on my walk to work, stumbling on free things can't really be avoided. On a daily basis, I pass multiple people handing out all kinds of interesting things. Informational fliers, free parking tickets, evangelistic pamphlets, stickers, samples, coupons - if they can hand it out, I have encountered at least one person who tried to hand it to me.

And I always take what they are handing out (if its free) because I think it's interesting and sometimes informative (and sometimes I feel bad so I just take it). I mean, it's kinda like a treasure hunt you didn't know you were on until suddenly the treasure is thrust into your hand by an adamant man saying "take this free (fill-in-the-blank)!" See, there you go. you found the treasure!

One of my all time fave free thing I was given was a pocket size constitution I received on election day. I mean, who wouldn't want free educational reading? But aside from that, my new favorite free thing are these mini muffins I was given today at the train station (a radio station was handing them out to promote The Signature Room so of course I took the free muffin promotion). Thank you Lord for providing me breakfast! You see, this morning I ran out of time to make/eat breakfast, so I was planning on buying something once in the city when these little golden treasure mini-muffins were given to me. Jesus provided breakfast for me. And gave me a new favorite free thing.

crisis averted, problem solved, breakfast treasure found.

1 comment: