Monday, November 8, 2010

How do people make it through life without a sister?

My sis Caroline was in town this weekend with her lovely friend Hillary. Saturday brunch activities included: Chatting up some great conversation, enjoying some banana bread french toast/veggie omelet/pomegranate orange juice, using the flavored creamers for our coffee (how fancy) - all made possible by Egglectic (one of my all time fave breakfast places). Loved the time I was able to spend with them.

And I also loved that it inspired me to look up semi-cheesy, very sentimental sayings about sisters. And when I say cheesy, I mean kind of a lot of cheese. Hate to say it, but I kinda like the sayings I found. Here they are. Prepare yourself. Please enjoy them as much as I did.

A sister is a friend and defender - a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too. ~Pam Brown

If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater. ~Pam Brown

Sister Sister/how bout a two way twister/shaking up the family tree with sibling sychronisity/sister sister never knew how much i missed ya. - Lyrics from Sister, Sister TV show theme song

A sister smiles when one tells one's stories - for she knows where the decoration has been added. ~Chris Montaigne

Sisters, sisters...Lord help the mister, who comes between me and my sister. Lord help the sister, who comes between me and my man - "Sisters" lyrics from White Christmas (great movie, great song)

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment